By Ashley Devonish | Category: Favorite Lists, Home Crafts, Kids Crafts, New Products, Products, The Journey of Motherhood | Posted Thursday, April 16, 2015
I cannot wait to use this!!! My son Dominic has his 3rd birthday coming up on June 1st and I am in love with this Birthday Poster by Sticky Bellies. You can customize it and decorate it anyway you want. I also love that it is full poster size. You can buy some on Etsy for like $40 and they usually are only 8×10. The one from Sticky Bellies is only $18.99 and free shipping! I will definitely post pictures once I fill this bad boy in! Stay tuned…
- Simply fill out the details, hang on the wall, and snap a pic! All of your child’s details in just ONE cute pic!
- Adorable birthday party decor & unique keepsake
- 24″ x 36″ paper poster
- Make it your own with ANY markers, glitter, stickers, and other fun embellishments
- This keepsake product is not reusable as it is a matte paper optimized for flash photography. No laminate = no flash glare.
By Ashley Devonish | Category: Activities with Kids, Kids Crafts, Surprize Me!, The Journey of Motherhood | Posted Monday, February 10, 2014
10 DIY Valentine ideas
These are a few of my favorite DIY Valentine craft ideas from around the blogosphere:
- “Doh you want to be my Valentine?” from The Wilson World
- “You’re tops in my book!” bookmark Valentine from Thirty Handmade Days
- “I dig you!” Valentine from Family Fun
- Match box Valentines from Inch Mark
- “You’re the apple of my eye!” from Twig & Thistle
- “This is a stick up!” Valentine from My Crazy Life as a Farmers Wife
- Straw bracelet from Living Locurto
- “I wheelie like you!” Valentine from Thirty Handmade Days
- “You light up my life!” Valentine from Design Sponge
- Candy rings from Hostess With The Mostess
Hope these ideas inspire you.
By Ashley Devonish | Category: Creating a Home, Favorite Lists, Organize Me!, Surprize Me!, The Journey of Motherhood | Posted Wednesday, October 30, 2013
HOW FUN IS THIS!!! Ikea now has pink and turquoise in their popular EXPEDIT model. I absolutely love them and wanted to spread the word. They also have matching EXPEDIT shelf inserts. This is a great playroom storage idea and cheap too.
* I was in no way paid for this blog entry. I just really love these shelves!
I would love to see how you guys decorated your kid’s playrooms. Send pics to [email protected]
By Ashley Devonish | Category: Activities with Kids, Creating a Home, It Worked 4 Me, Recipes & Kitchen Tips, The Journey of Motherhood | Posted Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Pumpkin Bread in a Jar Recipe
- 1 Cup of Apple Butter
- 2 Cups of Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 3 Cups of Flour (or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour)
- 1 15oz Can of Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 12-24 Half Pint Jars
- 2 Tubs Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting (or your favorite Cream Cheese Frosting)
Preheat the oven to 375*.
In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together in order until dough forms.
At this point you can either use 12 Half Pint Jars sprayed with non stick baking spray and 1 bread loaf pan, or you can use 24 Half Pint Jars.
Pour the batter in leaving about 1 1/2 inches at the top of the jars for room to rise.
This will bake in the oven for 45 minutes- 1 hour or until the bread takes shape. I usually do the standard toothpick or fork test, to be sure no dough comes out on the toothpick.
Let these completely cool then serve with Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting.
I typically will use a Wilton 1M tip and cake decorating bag to do the frosting. Garnish with a little cinnamon.
Enjoy! This recipe is so yummy and easy. Makes great gifts too.
By Ashley Devonish | Category: Creating a Home, Family Focus, Favorite Lists, Hot New Finds, Surprize Me!, The Journey of Motherhood | Posted Friday, October 11, 2013
So on Wednesday I posted my favorite fall finds for boys and now its the girls turn. I hope to one day have a daughter to dress!